As deployment nears, I (like many) have experienced a great deal of fear for my husband. However, I've have found comfort in God's Word and his promises. Below is a look into my personal journal and bible study. Hopefully, it to can provide comfort to someone else and be of encouragement to others.
FEAR:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of love, power, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
"Give all your worries and fears to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7
"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6
"...Do not be afraid, for I am with you and will bless you." Genesis 26:24
"When you go out to fight and your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The Lord your God...is with you." Deuteronomy 20:1-2
"So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." Matthew 10:31
"...Do not be afraid. Just have faith." Mark 5:36
"I'm leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27
"I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying 'You are my servent.' For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10
Psalm 23
PRAYER:
"Keep on asking, and you will recieve what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
"O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. He will be gracious if you ask for help. He will surely respond to the sound of your cries." Isaiah 30:19
"I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!" Isaiah 65:24
"At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. Truly I tell you, you will ask the Fathr directly and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy." John 16:23-24
"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may behealed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great powr and produces wonderful results." James 5:16
"And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for." 1 JOhn 5:14-15
PROTECTION:
*The book of Psalms is my favorite, but here are a few others.
"The Lord is my light and salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me [and my husband] from danger, so why should I tremble?" Psalam 27:1
"The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps you from all harmand watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and g both now and forever." Psalm 121:5-8
"You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap." Proverbs 3:24-26
"The name of the Lord is a strong fortress, the godly run to him and are safe." Proverbs 18:10
Isaiah 43
Psalm 91
We could all use a little encouragement from time to time and lots of prayer. :)
needed this today....
ReplyDelete